Friday, April 4, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

My week has been filled with doctor appointments and sick kids!! On Monday, I had to take Dagan in for his one year well baby check up. He weighs 26 lbs and is 30 1/2 inches long. He is currently in the 75% for his height and 90% for his weight. He had to get 5 shots, but he did very well. Along with his shots, his doctor sent us to the hospital to have his blood drawn to check his lead and iron levels.
Last week, Koy had an appointment with the allergy doctor. They put him on Singular, because we have tried Claritin and Zyrtec and neither of them work for him, and decided to draw some blood and test it for what exactly he is allergic to. The results came back and the doctor has decided that he will need further testing because his blood test came back with so many things that he is allergic to. He has to go in next Wednesday at 8:15 am. I am not sure what they are going to do, but hopefully this will help us find a cure to his constant runny nose and sniffling at night!
Monday night Koy said that his stomach was hurting and he was running a bit of a fever, I gave him some Tylenol and let him fall asleep in our bed while watching cartoons. When we went to bed Roy moved him back to his room, then at around midnight Koy came running in our room saying that he felt sick, so I followed him to the bathroom and took care of him. I got a blanket and made him a "special bed" in the living room floor and I settled in on the couch. He was up and down all night getting sick. By the next afternoon, he could not hold anything down and refused to try to eat or drink anything. I decided to take him in to the ER because he had signs of dehydration. They gave him an IV and did blood work. Everything came back fine and he felt better after the bag of IV fluids. He laid around for the next two days and did not eat much, but he is back to his normal self now.
We found out that my grandma will be home from the hospital on Monday or Tuesday. She is so excited to be coming home. The boys are ready to see their grandma in a setting other than the hospital. She will have to have a feeding tube in her stomach until she can work back up to eating solid foods, but she is swallowing now and can eat pudding and broth. She will still have to have a home health nurse come and check on her. But I think she will recover much better at home in her own bed. Thank you to everyone that kept her in your prayers.

No comments: